1. Never slap a man who’s chewin’ tobacco.
2. Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
3. Lettin’ the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier ‘n puttin’ it back in.
4. If you’re ridin’ ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it’s still there.
5. If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around.
6. Never kick a cow chip on a hot day.
7. There’s two theories to arguin’ with the foreman. Neither one works.
8. If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin’.
9. Don’t squat with your spurs on.
10. It don’t take a genius to spot a goat in a flock of sheep.
11. Always drink upstream from the herd.
12. Never miss a good chance to shut up.
13. There are three kinds of people:
a. The ones that learn by reading,
b. the few who learn by observation, and
c. the rest of them who have to touch the fire to see if it’s hot.