15 Ways To Uplift the Workplace
1) Page yourself over the intercom. Don’t disguise your voice.
2) Find out where your boss shops and buy exactly the same outfits. Wear them
one day after your boss does. This is especially effective if your boss is of a
different gender than you.
3) Make up nicknames for all your coworkers and refer to them only by these
names. “That’s a good point, Sparky.” “No, I’m sorry, but I’m going to have to
disagree with you there, Cha-cha.”
4) Send e-mail to the rest of the company telling them exactly what you’re
doing. For example: “If anyone needs me, I’ll be in the bathroom.”
5) Hi-Lite your shoes. Tell people you haven’t lost them as much since you did
6) While sitting at your desk, soak your fingers in Palmolive liquid.
Call everyone Madge.
7) Hang mosquito netting around your cubicle. When you emerge to get coffee or
a printout or whatever, slap yourself randomly the whole way.
8) Put a chair facing a printer. Sit there all day and tell people you’re
waiting for your document.
9) Every time someone asks you to do something, anything, ask him or her if
they want fries with that.
10) Send e-mail back and forth to yourself engaging yourself in an
intellectual debate. Forward the mail to a co-worker and ask her to settle the
11) Encourage your colleagues to join you in a little
12) Put your trash can on your desk. Label it “IN.”
13) Feign an unnatural and hysterical fear of staplers.
14) Send e-mail messages saying there’s free pizza or donuts or cake in the
lunchroom. When people drift back to work complaining that they found none, lean
back, pat your stomach and say, “Oh you’ve got to be faster than that.”
15) Put decaf in the coffee maker for three weeks. Once everyone has withdrawn
from caffeine addiction, switch to espresso.
Leave a Comment